A frequently asked question to the sales department is: What maintenance work must be carried out on a scissor lift table ?
So we thought we would make the answer to this question public.
Just as with a car, the frequency of maintenance depends largely on the frequency of use. A lift table that is used frequently also requires more frequent maintenance. That is why in some cases there is a specification based on time in addition to one based on usage. To determine when maintenance needs to be done, the value that is reached earlier should be applied.
Actually, one cannot yet speak of real maintenance here. It is more of a visual inspection only. The following points should be checked:
- Is there any visible damage on the scissor lift table?
- Are there any signs of leaks in the hydraulic system?
It is also advisable to clean the scissor lift so that damage is noticed more easily.
No actual maintenance work is carried out in the monthly maintenance schedule either. Instead, the installed mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems are tested at this point. The following points should be checked in detail:
- Does all the installed safety equipment function properly?
- Does the foot protection safety edge stop the lowering movement, for example? Is lifting still possible?
- Does pressing the emergency stop button immediately stop the lifting or lowering process?
- Do the other safety devices function properly?
- Is the insulation of a cable damaged? Are the plugs intact?
- Does the hydraulic unit still have enough oil?
- Is the oil temperature during operation within the intended temperature range?
- Are all screws tightened properly?
- Have the limit switches become loose?
Annual maintenance or every 1,000 operating hours or every 50,000 lifting cycles
As soon as the lift table has been in operation for one year, the first proper maintenance work must be carried out. But even here the work to be carried out is still very limited. Simply carry out the following steps:
- Change the hydraulic oil.
- If an oil filter is installed, replace it together with the oil.
- Does the lift table have greasable bearings? If so, this is the time to lubricate the bearings with new grease.
- In addition to the inspections and checks already mentioned, you should also check the play on the bearings after one year. If one of the bearings has extreme play on it, the bearing bush must be replaced.
Maintenance after 200,000 lifting cycles
In addition to the maintenance work mentioned above, the following components should be replaced after every 200,000 lifting cycles:
- The hydraulic valves (e.g. the lowering valve and the pressure relief valve).
- The main electrical relay of the control system.
- All bearing bushes (e.g. on the fixed, non-locating, scissor or connecting rod bearings).
Was that all?
When you look at this list, you will quickly notice that a hydraulic lift table can be maintained with very little effort and expenditure. This aspect and the robust design of our scissor lift tables show why they are still one of the most cost-effective ways to lift heavy loads.
If your lift table has other extras, other maintenance work may of course be necessary. For example, the slewing ring of a lift table with a powered rotating platform also needs to be serviced.
Where can I find information on the work to be done?
Comprehensive documentation is included with all our lift tables. It contains step by step instructions on how the different tasks have to be carried out. The various operations are explained in detail with the help of texts, drawings, images and photos.
If you do not want to carry out the work yourself, we can offer you a single maintenance or an all-inclusive maintenance contract. Except for the short inspections and tests, you will not need to do anything else and you can be sure that your lift table will serve you for many years.
Comments (0)No comments found!